TVCC Veteran Services “Getting Started” Check List

GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government Web site at

1. Apply for Admissions online here:
    Apply Here

2. Review and decide on what VA Education benefit to use:
    VA Education

3. Complete Application for Education Benefits. Click the following button to complete, sign, and submit your VA application.
   VA Application

4. Apply for Financial Aid here:

5. Take the placement tests: Math and Writing in TVCC's testing center
    TVCC Testing Center

6. Declare a program of study. 
    TVCC Degrees

7. Meet with an Academic Advisor. 
    Academic Advising

8. Enroll in classes that apply toward your declared program. 

9. Complete a “Veterans Request for Certification form”. This form is required to be submitted to School Certifying Official
     prior to the start of Fall term. 

    Veterans Packet

10. To request your transcript:

11. After completing the above steps, and the TVCC Veterans Services in-house paperwork, set an appointment with the
     School Certifying Official to have your file reviewed (Certifying Officials are listed in the above Veterans Packet).

12. Attach a copy of your Certificate of Eligibility.

13. You must bring a new “Veterans Request for Certification Form” to the Veterans Certifying Official for any and all
      changes (adds, drops, or WHEN YOU ENROLL in a new term). Failure to do so
may result in termination,
      overpayment of benefits, and/or could affect future eligibility